Saturday, October 08, 2011

Occupy Wall Street and Main Street

A few years ago, I would tell anyone who would listen that I believed that the banking industry bailout and the subprime mortgage meltdown were the biggest wealth transfer of wealth away from the middle class and the poor this country has ever seen.  And, that, when the American people finally realized what had happended, there would be protesting in the streets.  That day has come and I will be doing my best to add my voice to the protest.

Most of my business colleagues, fellow Rotarians, ward and stake friends know by now that I was diagnosed with stage IIIc inflammatory breast cancer over the Summer.  I have done pretty well with not being angry or terribly sad about this situation.  I am keeping my office open, working my cases, taking a few select new cases, and in general moving forward with my life in all aspects.  But I have to tell you, that loosing one's hair through chemo is a truly maddening process.  I feel quite pissed off.

Add to that, the ongoing problems I have had with the relatively new business neighbor in Kittitas, that does very little business and appears to be a lifestyle club for men with little to do durning business hours but play with large trucks.  Last week, I had two business meetings interrupted by engine revving.  You should know that I have been trying for months to work out the noise, fume and parking issues.  Vehicle Repair is not supposed to be taking place there under the 2007 zoning code and the original tenant told me that they were only supposed to do repair work incidental to retail product installations. The old garage was not grandfathered in as far as I know.

I intend to re-occupy my place on Main Street in Kittitas.  We will see how it goes.  I may have to resort to protest signs if my petition for code enforcement doesn't work.  Or go lawyeristic and file a nuisance suit.  Or, maybe, simply move back to Ellensburg.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,